Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Towel Refresh


Sadly, summer is coming to an end. The kids are back in school and I have a goal to get our house back in order from the summer fun. One of the things on my list was a towel refresh for the beach towels. They have been dragged, stepped on, left in the rain, used to wash the dog, soaked in ocean water, covered in sand or mud, etc so all the fluffiness and fresh smell was gone. I searched for a way to refresh those towels and this is what I found.
  • Wash towels with 1 cup vinegar in hot water.
  • Wash again with 1/2 cup baking soda in hot water. 
  • Dry completely.
Do not use detergent. It is not needed with a refresh. You don't need to do this every time. Just when your towels need a refresh.

Yup, it is that simple. It worked for me. Let me know if you have tried it!

No comments:

Post a Comment